Ode to your Soul

Ode to your Soul
Welcome to my homepage. The image of the picture was captured during my trip to Melbourne in October 2007.

Friday, August 22, 2008

About Passion

One junior staff from another department has asked me how I find the energy to carry on my job as I have slowly approaching towards my eighth year with the organisation.

I shared that one needs to have the passion and must love what he / she is doing.

I have always like to read Khalil Gibran's book and I remembered this from one of his books :

Your reason and your passion are the rudder and the sails of your seafaring soul.

If either your sails or your rudder be broken, you can but toss and drift, or else be held at a standstill in mid-seas.

For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining; and passion,
unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction.

Therefore let your soul exalt your reason to the height of passion, that it may sing;

And let it direct your passion with reason, that your passion may live through its own daily resurrection, and like the phoenix rise above its own ashes.

1 comment:

Oh Happy Day... said...

sometimes, passion and reality does not go hand in hand. Many a time, it takes great courage to give up what we have for our passion. So most of the time, we are doing what we should be doing in reality and working towards our passion. Which is... sad. But then again, I might be wrong. =)