Ode to your Soul

Ode to your Soul
Welcome to my homepage. The image of the picture was captured during my trip to Melbourne in October 2007.

Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Book Review on "Living the Singapore Dream " by Mr Tan Yong Soon

"Living the Singapore Dream " is an extraordinary book, a truly good read for someone who needs inspirational messages.

I suggest that if you have done your Christmas shopping yet, grab one ! I have read twice and I am enjoying every moment.

This book is written by Mr Tan Yong Soon, Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of the Environment and Water Resources.

I particular impressed by the quote (pg 44 : It makes a difference to be noticed early, as that propels one's career forward. It helps to be at the right place at the right time, but the sure way to get noticed is to do well in whatever task we are assigned. While it is important to have ambitions and dreams, we should not be obsessed with promotion or rewards and honours. Always seek to contribute and add value to the job at hand so as to make a difference. Good work gets noticed. Water will find its level.

It is without doubt an extremely engaging book written with passion !

No comments: